By William Coleman
Following the new lockdown measures for November, the Caravan and Motorhome Club has issued a statement on how it will react to the ruling and is looking to the future with some great booking offers for when the restrictions come to an end.
Below is the official statement from the Club regarding the closure of sites across its network;
Following the UK government announcement which will place the whole of England into a countrywide lockdown, it is likely that the Club will have to temporarily close its network of campsites in England from 6pm on Wednesday November 4th until the government advises that we are able to reopen them (currently forecast for the beginning of December). The temporary closure also applies to our Certificated Locations and Affiliated Sites.
While the restrictions are subject to final confirmation from the UK Parliament on Wednesday November 4th, we have taken the decision to cancel all member bookings on campsites in England from Thursday November 5th to Wednesday December 2nd 2020. We would very much appreciate your help and support and would be grateful if you could cancel your individual bookings online through our website or app.
Members currently on the site network in England
Members currently on Club campsites in England with a booking that stretches beyond Wednesday, November 4th will be asked to curtail their stay and return home.
Storage sites and seasonal pitches in England
Members will be contacted individually to inform them of the current situation. The safety and wellbeing of members, guests, staff and the communities in which Club sites operate, has always been of paramount importance to them.
Looking to the future
The Club may be closing sites until December due to the new lockdown, but it is still planning on providing holidays once the network can reopen.
As of right now, you are unable to book sites for the duration of the lockdown, but holidays bookings for 2021 are very much an option.
To give members peace of mind the Club will issue 2021 bookings with zero deposits and free cancellations and amendments.
It is safe to say that the Caravan and Motorhome Club are remaining optimistic and wants to have people back on site as soon as it is safe, but they are aware that the situation may continue into the future. Due to these uncertain times, the organisation is doing all it can to give members flexibility with bookings.