Caravan Club annual awards results announced in glitzy ceremony
The Caravan Club were an unmissable presence at the recent NEC Show
Wednesday, 20, Jul 2011 11:01
by Tom Lowenstein
Last Friday (October 14th) was an exciting time for caravan fans with the industry equivalent of the Oscars taking place at Birmingham's NEC.
The now annual October event saw the seventeenth Caravan Club Caravan Design Awards and the tenth Lightweight Leisure Trailer Awards announce their 2012 winners to much fanfare and applause as manufacturers and industry professionals descended on Birmingham for the occasion.
With the awards designed to provide caravanners with fair and impartial assessment on which to base their opinions, all manufacturers were invited to submit entries.
A panel of independent judges and researchers went through a list of stringent and rigorous tests to assess caravans across a range of categories on everything from comfort and size to design and storage space.
Particular mention should go to Bailey, who enjoyed their best-ever performance at the awards, winning three categories and a further three top-three placements.
Not to be outdone, Swift took away more gongs than any other manufacturer with two winning entries and no less than five models making the podium.
Announcing the results, Grenville Chamberlain, Chairman of The Caravan Club, said: "The Caravan Club is delighted the industry continues to support these competitions with such enthusiasm, and we would like to publicly thank them for their continued participation.
"We would also extend our sincere congratulations to the winners and all the entrants."
Here are the winning entries:
- Any Caravan under £12,500 - Sprite Alpine 2
- Family Caravan £12,500 - £16,000 - Sterling Eccles Sport 524
- Two Berth Caravan £12,500 - £16,000 - Bailey Pegasus Genoa
- Caravan with Dedicated Bed(s) £12,500 - £16,000 - Bailey Olympus 530-4
- Any Caravan £16,000 - £19,000 - Bailey Unicorn Seville
- Any Caravan £19,000 and over - Fifth Wheel Company Inos 1212 2012
- Caravans 750kg and under - Freedom Jetstream 1st class
- Caravans between 750kg and 1100kg - Bailey Orion 400-2